Petal the Dog

Petal the Dog
Do you know all your pet's needs?

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas with Dogs- A Poem

Twas the morning of Christmas and all through the house,
The dogs were all stirring, but thankfully no mouse.
The stockings were hung high up on top,
Cuz stealing them down no dogs could stop.
While visions of rawhide danced in their heads,
The Dogs were all nestled all snug in dog beds.
And me in my jammies, with a night cap of Nog
All settled in too and feeling a grog.
When out in the kitchen there rose such a clatter,
So I sprang to my feet to see what the matter.
When what to my eyes did appear,
A platter of cookies made like reindeer.
More rapid than eagles my curses they came,
As I whistled and shouted and call them by name.
Now Gussy, Now Petal, Now Turf, Bad Dogs!,
They were eating the cookies and drinking the nog.
On Comet, on Windex, and rolled paper towels,
I cleaned up the mess with words with few vowels.
And leaves that before the wild hurricane fly,
When met with an obstacle, the dogs they did fly.
As I draw in my head and was turning around,
Down the back steps the dogs they did bound.
They were covered in nog, on their heads to their paws,
And all I could see were the mutts with a cause.
Their eyes how they twinkled, their tongues were of cherry,
Their fur how it sparkled, their tails wagged so merry.
The stump of reindeer cookies hung from their teeth,
Red and Green frosting around their nose like a wreath.
They had cute little faces and a very full belly,
That shook as they ran like a bowl full of Jelly.
They were chubby and plump, and dressed as an elf,
And I had to laugh when I saw them in spite of myself.
A wag of the tail and a tilt of the head,
Soon gave me to know I had all but to dread.
They spoke not a word but went straight to work,
Licking their paws, the cute little jerks.
And settling a hand to pet each ones nose,
And giving a nod their tails again rose.
They sprang to their beds, where quietly they lay,
Happy Christmas to all, And to all a Good Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment